Thursday, February 11, 2010

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!



Sara Renner and I share a belly bump after her incredible bronze medal in the Canmore World Cup February 6th.

And now it's time for the big show. I'm really stoked to be going to the opening ceremonies. I'm looking forward to my reunion with Callaghan Valley, the location of Whistler Olympic Park, where I've spent some great training hours the past 4 years. I can't wait to watch my sister race biathlon in the "stadium next door." I can't wait to hang and enjoy the good eats whipped up by our chefs in the ski team's hors-village accommodation.

But most of all...

... I'm going to have a great time racing with the rings on my chest and the home crowd cheers ringing in my ears.

A THOUSAND THANK YOUS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME GET TO THIS POINT: READY FOR THE 2010 OLYMPICS!

I'm going to take a time out from blogging for some great focusing. Thank you for coming with me on the journey and I'll update when I'm done focusing on and enjoying the moments.

Wish me luck on Feb 17th in the classic sprint, Feb 25th in the 4x5km relay, and possibly (awaiting coaches/teammates decisions on Feb 22nd in the team sprint and Feb 27th in the 30km classic.

As for the last games I'm packing a big smile and my air guitar...

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you, and the rest of the N. American athletes. We'll be cheering for you loudly here in Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chandra,

    you're part of the reason why we wanted to be Trackside at the Winter Olympics in Canada !

    an inspiration to a nation - you're positive energy is addictive.
    now it's time for you to keep it for yourself...and your races. It's our time to give you more!

    from the masses of nordic skiers across Canada that feel connected - a big hug. Have fun and enjoy it to the MAX !
    Claudia & Dirk

    ReplyDelete