Saturday, February 20, 2010

Family, Mountains, Yoga

First of all... how about that Canadian Men's X-Country Team? Hot stuff with all 4 of them in the top 16 today in the 30km pursuit and the potential looking really good for my boyfriend Devon and his buds in the upcoming relay events. Be sure to watch them on Monday and Wednesday this week.

As for me, with no races on deck for me until Thursday February 25th's 4 x 5km relay I took the opportunity to re-charge my batteries with some of my most loved people and activities.



I'm so fortunate to have the world's best family on my side and many of my aunts, uncles, cousins and my mom's friends have been cheering loudly for Rosanna and I this past week. Thank you to everyone from the Crawford and Manning sides of the family who came out! The above photo is my cousin Tyler and my sister Rosanna.



My parents passed on to me a serious need to get high. In elevation that is. Way above treeline at 2300 meters I am truly at home. My friend and local mountain man Kevin Titus took biathlon Olympian Sandra Keith and I for a little tour off of Blackcomb mountain where we got a little closer to the spectacular sun the has been shining generously on Whistler as of late.



Lululemon has taken amazingly good care of their elite athlete ambassadors for many years but especially heading into these games. With the mansion stocked with snacks, the hot tub bubblin', and yoga nymphette Laura Thompson on hand 24/7 for yoga it's great to be connected with these great people. A little yoga goes a long way to balance out all my striving and pushing with some acceptance and gratitude.

Namaste,

Chandra

3 comments:

  1. Well put Chanrda. If you are going up high on the mountain again LET ME KNOW!! I am in if you want company! -Liz Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have it all in perspective. Good girl! Great shot Kevin took of you & Sandra up high. You are always golden & beautiful to us. Kevin & Georgina Titus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chandra,
    Great interview in the Globe. You've got killer taste in music.

    ReplyDelete